Hello from TIRealm!
🎼Someday we’ll find it, The Realm of Imagination. The Watchers, The Dreamers and Me. 🐸🌈🎼
About Me: I’m a Data Analyst with Bachelor of Science in Psychology because numbers and minds are awesome. My son is soon to be off for college to major in animation, because he got his creativity from me! Grease is my favorite movie and my bunny’s name Jon Snowbunny because Game of Thrones is the best TV show ever made. The 80s ROCK! Mythology is life and the ThunderCats will forever be cool! Music Genre: 1993-2001 Rap/Hip Hop/R&B, 80s Pop, Grey’s Anatomy music (it’s a thing), Dancehall Reggae, esp. 80s & 90s. Painting, writing, drawing and baking are my things.
Watching GOT: Family members were watching and talking about it in a group chat and I decided to check it out. I started watching during the off season after season 4, right before the beginning of season 5, so I had to binge to get caught up and watch season 5 live. Since then I’ve watched season 1-7 at least 10 times in its entirety and can’t shut up about it. My favorite part of GOT besides all of it, the use of real history in a fantasy show is amazing. I love videos that compare GOT to historic figures and sometimes the blending of those figures, places and events. The show has done a really great job of character development that elicits real emotion such as tears when a character dies or heated debate over the goodness of a fictional character. The show is great to re-watch and discover new things and develop new perspectives every watch. It took me 7 times to develop an appreciation and understanding of Theon Greyjoy and now I root for him.
ASOIAF Books: I am primarily a Shower. I have all the books hard copy as well as the audio books along with A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms but sadly I’m still on A Clash of Kings. I plan on getting really focused on the books after season 8. I tried listening to the audiobooks several times and probably started over at least 3 times. I find myself comparing it to the show and critiquing it much like some book readers do the show. Admittedly, I’ve always been more of a TV person, but I spend so much time on YouTube that the book plots are pretty familiar to me as well.
Life After GOT: I’m looking forward to the prequels. I hope that HBO will keep Westeros alive. Of course, I think that GOT was a major point in Television history; however, I don’t think that means that the future is dark and full of terrors. Contrarily I think the bar has been set and expect TV to step its game way up.
Fandom: I immediately became a YouTube watcher. I would watch history and lore videos first. Never commenting. I liked reaction videos as well. Gradually, around season 6, I started following channels including but not limited to Gray Area, Got Academy, Teflon TV, Fentony, Emergency Awesome, Kyle’s Fookin Chickens, Nerd Soup and The Order of the Green Hand. I would watch their videos and never join live chats or comment in the discussion. I was the biggest lurker ever. That went on until the beginning of this year, so at least 3-4 years. My transition from lurker to active member and contributor to the community was fueled by a natural life phase change. I will be an empty-nester by the summer as my son goes to college and I thought well I will have to find something to ease that transition and here I am with a drastically longer list of channels I follow.
TIR: The Imagination Realm, a place for The Watchers, The Dreamers and Me! When trying to decide what transition activity I could come up with I couldn’t pick just one. I had 8 majors in undergrad, sue me, it was hard settling on just one. Similarly, I couldn’t decide what to do so I figured I would do a little bit of all of it. How could I do all the things I liked in one place, those things being:
- Watch TV/Movies
- Obsess about GOT
- Tell others random things I found out – aka – News
TIR allows me to be weird, creative, and expressive. The definition of Realm is a kingdom or domain/field of interest. TIR is just that, a domain to collectively release my imagination through art, writing and tv/movie analysis. It is still in its infancy, but I expect that once I find my footing there will be more TIR Originals such as art, stories and more in-depth tv/movie analysis.
TIR currently consists of
- TIR Website: the main blog site where I post articles I find interesting, my reviews of shows or movies I watch, my art work, snippets from a book I’m writing, random quotes, a place for followers to leave comments or contact me, make donations or check out my store.
- Facebook Page: Highlighting the TIR Website
- Facebook Group: a place for Realmers to chat, post memes, see what I’m watching on YouTube, post their upcoming YouTube streams.
- Twitter: sharing TIR information in another venue to increase availability to those who may want to join TIR.
- Instagram: TIR sharing pictures, art and getting poll feedback as well as supporting other Realmer’s content.
- TIR Store: where you can get TIR Merch.
- TIR Patreon: another method of helping TIR grow
- YouTube: I’m much more the writer than a talker; however, TIR YouTube may be a thing in the future. The Imagination is the limit!
Why join TIR when there are so many wonderful fandoms out there with similar content? Here are 5 reasons!
- Why only pick 1 – who said there you had to only be in a single community 😊
- TIR is a baby – get in on the ground floor and be apart of the endless possibilities
- No Limit – we can talk about anything: Musicals, GOT, Art, Mythology, SciFi… Don’t see a show you like, tell me about it maybe I want to watch and add it to my RBR list.
- Supportive – TIR FB Group is the place to post your upcoming live streams or premiere videos. Got a book coming out? Let me know and you can be in the next TIR Newsletter.
- Because I asked nicely 😊
Thanks to everyone who’s joined TIR thus far, your support is appreciated!!!